Rules of Conduct
You agree that you will NOT do or permit to be done through your account or log-in any of the following:
- violate or infringe the copyrights, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other rights of any person;
- post or submit libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, harassing or otherwise actionable or objectionable material;
- post or transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any junk mail, spam or chain letters;
- use automated scripts, crawlers, spiders, bots or similar means to harvest or collect member information or other information from the Site; however, you may capture contact data and other information where the Site expressly permits or requires it;
- use the Site in a manner that could damage, disable or overburden the Site or violate the law;
- provide inaccurate or misleading information when registering as a member;
- impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; or
- upload or transmit software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other computer code or files designed to disable, destroy or interfere with any software or equipment.
Registration is mandatory for ALL users: this helps to prevent abuse. Moreover destinations of URLs and their rate of change are periodically monitored and checked by JotUrl’s security system: again, this helps to prevent and identify abuse. By signing up users accept that all accesses, including the attempts of unauthorized access are monitored. By logging in users will implicitly accept that the parameters associated with the connected computer (IP address, the type and version of the browser, etc…) are logged for security reasons. In no case, except those expressly provided by law, these data
paid back by JotUrl to the latter).
All kind of memberships listed on the website at Pricing are for use by Enterprises, Agencies (e.g., communication, marketing or advertising agencies) and Media centers, SMBs, Organizations, Individuals, etc. Please note that we have dedicated contracts for agencies and media centers, which are exposed on request. Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, if you’re an agency or a media center. One of our consultants will call you back as soon as possible and will be glad to support you at every stage.
Free memberships, as reported on the pricing page at Pricing, are allowed both for personal and commercial purposes. Each company or individual is allowed to own one (1) free membership.
We trust our users and we’re constantly committed to improve relations with them. For this reason, in case of a commercial improper use of a contract, JotUrl will send at least two emails (at least 15 days of each other) to the owner (user) of the contract, while providing the opportunity to regularize their bargaining position, in accordance with these Terms of service, at no additional cost to the user. Should this not occur, JotUrl reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend the corresponding user account and, in case of further protracted and persistent irregular position of the user, to cancel
the account of the user, without any liability resulting from the act in relation to the user, which will lose all related rights.
Site Content and Services
You acknowledge that JotUrl and its licensors own all rights, title and interest in all content on the Site , including but not limited to the Site’s software service, the Site’s design, text, graphics and files, and their selection and arrangement (the “Content”), and you agree not to modify, copy, distribute, frame, republish, display, post, transmit, or sell the Content, except as may be expressly permitted by JotUrl. You may download and print reasonable portions of the Content, solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you leave intact all copyright notices and
identifying information appearing on the original. You may not republish Site Content on any other website or business network or incorporate the information into any database or compilation. Any use of the Content not authorized by JotUrl is prohibited.
All trademarks, logos, trade dress and service marks on Site are trademarks of JotUrl or its licensors and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without written permission.
JotUrl is a professional TAG manager that enables you to publish Internet addresses (short URLs, QR codes, etc.) and to keep them updated, on product packaging, user guides, printed marketing materials, billboards, shop windows, blogs, social media, websites, or in books, newspapers, magazines, DVD, eBooks etc… JotUrl does NOT modify, copy or re-propose contents: all web pages are displayed online, and therefore shown in their original form. The content of the displayed pages is protected by copyright and the property of the latter belongs to their respective owners. JotUrl provides
a preview service for each destination URL. You get an advanced preview just by typing a plus (+) at the end of each URL you want to visit. For example, to get a preview of jo.my/jotvideo, simply type jo.my/jotvideo+.
JotUrl respects the intellectual property of others. It is JotUrl’s policy to respond expeditiously to legitimate
claims of copyright and other intellectual property infringement. JotUrl will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Italian law regarding copyright protection and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices, JotUrl may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing.
JotUrl will terminate access for subscribers and account holders who are repeat infringers.
Notifying JotUrl of Copyright Infringement: to provide JotUrl notice of an infringement, you must provide a written communication to the attention of “Copyright Notification Dept.” at email@example.com.
Providing JotUrl with Counter-Notification: if we remove or disable access to content in response to an infringement notice, we will make reasonable attempts to contact the owner or administrator of the affected content. If your material has been removed and you feel that your material does not constitute infringement, you may provide JotUrl with a counter notification by written communication to the attention of “Copyright Notification Dept.” at firstname.lastname@example.org that sets forth all of the necessary information required. If you are
uncertain whether an activity constitutes infringement, we recommended seeking advice of an attorney.
This Site (joturl.com) may contain links to websites operated by unrelated parties. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only. JotUrl does not control these sites and is NOT responsible for their contents. Our inclusion of these links does NOT imply any association with these sites or any endorsement or approval of the services, merchandise, materials or contents available from or on these sites.
This Site may also contain descriptions of or references to products, services, and firms. These references do not imply our endorsement of those products, services or entities. Under no circumstances shall any of our providers be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user’s reliance on or exposure to information obtained from or contained on the Site. Rather, you are responsible to evaluate the information, advice, and other content available through the Site, and any products, services or firms referenced here.
can always get a preview page you can use to check the destination URL before you visit it.
the date and time of each visitor request. JotUrl’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how JotUrl visitors use its website. From time to time, JotUrl may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
privacy statements of each Web site you visit.
Certain visitors to JotUrl websites (members for example) choose to interact with JotUrl in ways that require JotUrl to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that JotUrl gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. Those who engage in transactions with JotUrl are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, JotUrl collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose
of the visitor’s interaction with JotUrl. JotUrl does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities. JotUrl may also collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, JotUrl may monitor the most popular links on the site. JotUrl may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, JotUrl does not disclose
personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Personally-Identifying Information
JotUrl discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on JotUrl’s behalf or to provide services available at JotUrl websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using JotUrl websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. JotUrl will not rent or
sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, JotUrl discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when JotUrl believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of JotUrl, third parties or the public at large.
As a registered user of the JotUrl’s website you have supplied your email address and you agree that JotUrl may occasionally send you an email to
tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with JotUrl and our products.
We expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. You’ve the right, at anytime, to unsubscribe from JotUrl’s newsletter.
If you send us a request (for example via a support email), we reserve the right to publish it (without exposing any personally-identifying information) in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. JotUrl takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. However, if
Excluding transfers and communications made to comply with legal obligations and contracts, the data provided to JotUrl will only be used for legal purposes and may be disclosed for the sole purpose of credit protection and better management of their rights to single commercial relationship, in particular:
- Debt collection companies and credit insurance
- Banks for business information
- Associations for consulting
- Consultants and service companies
- Professionals for the fulfillment of tax obligations and accounting
- Your personal information will not be divulged in any case
- Personal data may be transferred to EU countries and to countries outside the EU in regard to the purposes for which the data are collected.
We remind you that you are entitled to the rights under Art. 7 of the Italian Legislative Decree No 196 – 30 June 2003 and in particular, the right to access your personal information, to request correction, updating and deleting, if incomplete, incorrect or collected in violation of the law, and oppose their processing for legitimate reasons by directing requests to the Data Processing Manager.
The Data Processing Manager and controller is: JotUrl Srl (Ltd – represented by its legal representative, Mr. Janosch Lenzi – CEO) headquartered in: Corso Sempione 13/B – 21013 Gallarate (VA) – Italy.
JotUrl uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions.
Browsing and usage data
Information about usage is collected automatically from JotUrl, including: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by users who connect to JotUrl, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the referring websites or services, the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code
indicating the status of the server’s answer, the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the visitor, the features of the mobile device utilized by the visitor, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page) and the details about the path followed within the site with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters
about the operating system and the user’s IT environment.
JotUrl also makes use of:
- interaction services with social networks or other external platforms (during the sign-up or sign-in process, for example). The interaction and information obtained by JotUrl are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each corresponding social network or for the external platform.
- Geolocation techniques (for users who visit QR codes or short URLs), based on the IP address and, only with the prior consent of the visitor himself, through the browser and/or the GPS (satellite geographical location).
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable the owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of users’ behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”).
Google uses the data collected to track and examine the usage of JotUrl, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal data collected: cookie and usage data.
Processing options: Opt Out
How can I check the installation of cookies?
In addition to what is indicated in this document, the user can manage the preferences for cookies directly within the browser and prevent – for example – the installation of third-party cookies.
Through your browser preferences you can also delete the cookies installed in the past. Please note that disabling all cookies will prevent this website from working properly.
Security of Personally-Identifying Information
The security of your personal information is very important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as your Paypal account) on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL) on Https.
We follow generally accepted top industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Furthermore, certificates we hold and use to encrypt information include a top level Identity Assurance up to $ 250.000.
If you have any question regarding security on our Website, please contact us at email@example.com.
Security and Spam Policy
JotUrl shortened links (like every shortened URL) could be used in spam or to point to malicious content. We take potentially abuse of our service very seriously and do everything we can to prevent it. Here are some of the ways we help to keep our users safe:
- JotUrl is NOT a standard URL shortening service. JotUrl is much more: it’s a professional TAG manager. JotUrl was in fact designed from day one for business, with the security, the tools and integration that Enterprise businesses need. Moreover JotUrl is a cloud based service, powered by Microsoft Windows Azure Cloud (one among the world’s largest cloud providers). This means that JotUrl’s architecture and platform are definitely Enterprise oriented. Once spammers become aware of that,
they usually realize they can save time and reach their aim by following less difficult ways based on different kind of URL shortening services, available on the Internet.
- Registration is mandatory for ALL users (even for free accounts): this helps to prevent abuse. By signing up users accept that all accesses, including the attempts of unauthorized access, are monitored by JotUrl on security reasons. And by logging in users will implicitly accept that the parameters associated with the connected computer (IP address, the type and version of the browser, etc…) are logged for security reasons.
- JotUrl has a powerful engine that continuously scans all shortened URLs (and their destinations) and filters them using 11 different cutting edge technologies, in addition to an internal neural network, in order to identify dangerous URLs. Definitely an Enterprise oriented security solution. This helps to prevent and identify abuse.
- Rates of change for destination URLs are periodically checked by JotUrl’s security system: again this helps to prevent and identify abuse.
- We periodically check all our links against various main blacklists. We update these lists regularly and our technology applies these updates across our entire database of links immediately.
- When we flag a link as spam, we add a very prominent warning page so that visitors know it is likely to be malicious. To help those fighting spam we still show the original destination, but users can no longer visit it without manually copying/pasting the full link into their browser.
- We thoroughly investigate any complaints of abuse we receive and have a dedicated contact email address for these. We aim to act on all abuse complaints within 24 hours (but typically manage better than this).
- We don’t just disable individual URLs in response to complaints like some similar services. Since a spammer could create many similar links this would obviously be useless. We blacklist by domain or track down links based on the creator’s IP instead whenever possible.
- Our terms are very clear on what usage isn’t allowed.
- We blacklist other URL shortening/redirection services we know about. This stops spammers creating “chains” of redirects to help them circumvent our protections (although they don’t do this so much with JotUrl anyway due to our default previews).
- We hate spam usage of our service and JotUrl has no relationship with spammers. We never send any spam email and only ever email people who have emailed us first (e.g., to respond to questions we get about the site, or if they agreed/signed up to our newsletter).
- Finally, we immediately report any unauthorized use and abuse to the proper governmental and police agencies
“Free” plans (as shown at Pricing) may be subject to:
- restrictions, albeit unlikely, of the corresponding API rates
- restrictions, although unlikely, of the maximum number of impressions/clicks (per day or per month) tracked for each URL
This may occur in the event that a “Free” user generates an extraordinarily large amount of traffic or an amount that significantly deviates from the average traffic generated by a user of the same kind.
Again regarding “Free” accounts, JotUrl reserves the right to change the maximum time period for which the corresponding statistical data are preserved on our servers. JotUrl guarantees in any case that such data are retained for a period of not less than three (3) years. All “Free” users can anyway export their own statistical data at any time (directly from JotUrl’s dashboard) and save them locally, using one of the standard file interchange formats (.csv,. xml).
Eventual restrictions depend on many technical parameters and the limits (usually highly above the average use) may vary over time. It is anyway interest of JotUrl to take all technical countermeasures to avoid, as much as possible, the occurrence of the need to apply such restrictions.
IP based geo-location suffers from a certain degree of inaccuracy due to the technology on which the IPv4 protocol (still largely in use) is based and due to the use of Hubs and concentrators by several of the companies providing fixed-line and mobile connectivity. This may affect in varying degrees, regardless of JotUrl, the precision of some of the geolocation metrics in the statistics returned by JotUrl. In order to compensate this drawback (common to all Web
services and Web tracking Analytics and independent from JotUrl) and to continuously improve the precision of the statistics returned to users, JotUrl uses multiple methodologies: IP location by mean of authoritative global IP databases provided by third-parties, geo-location through the browser, as well as geo-location via GPS (satellite) upon (and only upon) explicit consent of the user. In addition JotUrl engineers are constantly working to refine the use of
current available technologies and are carefully following innovations and progress in the field.
JotUrl is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Site regardless of the cause or source, or for the conduct, online or offline, of any member or other user of the Site. Without limiting the above, JotUrl assumes NO responsibility for:
- any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, communications failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member postings or communications;
- the accuracy, integrity, completeness, or quality of any information, outputs or Content available from or through the Site; rather, responsibility for verification resides with the user of the information, output or Content.
- problems with data lines and telephone lines, computer systems, third party providers, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website;
- injury or damage to users’, members’ or other persons’ computers or networks resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Site;
- fires, earthquakes, volcanoes, tornados, tsunamis, revolutions, wars and any other unforeseen and exceptional cause that could stop or interrupt the JotUrl’ service.
Under no circumstances will JotUrl be responsible for any loss or damage incurred or resulting from anyone’s use, including your use, of the Site, any Content posted on the Site or communicated to members, or any interactions between users of the Site, online or offline.
THE SITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND JotUrl DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL JotUrl BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS AND LOST DATA), OR FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF € 100, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) AND EVEN IF JotUrl WAS AWARE THAT SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT OCCUR.
Some states limit the limitation of liability in certain cases, so this limitation may not completely apply to you.
If there is any dispute about or involving the Site, you agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of Italy, as they apply to residents situated within the state. Any cause of action by you with respect to the Site must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred.
TERMS, FEES AND PAYMENTS
Every user, who signed a plan at https://www.joturl.com/pricing, can choose whether to pay the corresponding monthly fee in advance, or pay the whole annual fee in advance. In the latter case, the user will benefit from a discount as reported on the pricing page for each plan. In any case the contract shall be deemed to be tacitly renewed every month (respectively every year) unless JotUrl receives a written notice from the Customer.
All new customers are eligible for a 30-day money-back guarantee on their first purchase. However, at our sole discretion, depending on the plan usage and other parameters, we may charge a commission corresponding to the maximum between one of the following two values:
- € 5,00 (five/00)
- a percentage from min. 2% to max 10% of the value of the refund/plan
for management fees.
There is no signup fee, no cancellation fee, or minimum term. You can use JotUrl as long as you need. JotUrl has no long-term contracts of any kind. Upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time. You can also change from a monthly to an annual plan at anytime, without any penalty. Any Customer may also request the annulment of the contract and the deactivation of services at any time. The termination of the contract must be sent to JotUrl by fax (+39.055.7188.0954), or by sending us an email, or by submitting a cancellation request on our Help Center (directly from within the dashboard), reporting “JotUrl contract cancellation” in the object, with an advance of at least 30 days before the expiry of the contract itself. In case of cancellation the Customer will not be entitled to any financial reimbursement for the months or the days remaining before the expiry of the contract, but only to usufruct of the same until the end of the contract or to a credit of the same value, entitled to ones account, one can leverage for future purchases.
The general layout and detailed information about all available contracts is published on the JotUrl’s pricing page, on the website.
Payments must be received in advance by JotUrl. The payments are via Stripe, Credit Card, PayPal or by wire transfer (only in case of Enterprise plans) and are subject to a monthly (respectively yearly) automatic renewal of the contract.
Any permanent failure or significative delay in payment will result in the suspension of services, without any liability resulting from the act in respect of the Customer, which will lose all rights on it. In this case, the contract will be resolved and we will proceed to collect the debts. The costs of debt collection are charged to the Customer.
JotUrl reserves the right to change at any time fees and/or features of services applicable to this contract. However, in the event of changes, the best price between the previous one and the new one will be guaranteed for all Customers already in place.
The annual fee could be anyway adjusted annually at a rate determined by the official inflation rate, by labor costs and infrastructure, according to the National Institute of Statistics’ official tables (www.istat.it), or other International Institutes of Statistics (www.census.gov, www.destatis.de, www.statisticsauthority.gov.uk, www.ons.gov.uk, etc.)
Customers must, in case of change of their name, their addresses, their bank account, their credit card data or their PayPal account, forward their new data to JotUrl Srl (Ltd), by fax at +39 055.7188.0954 or by email, or by submitting a ticket on our Help Center (directly from within the dashboard).
The contract will be terminated automatically in case of: failure by the courts, controlled administration. JotUrl may decide not to proceed with activation, service delivery or suspend delivery if:
- the Customer has previously been or is in default in respect of JotUrl;
- Customer is entered in the register of protests or subject to enforcement procedures;
- Customer presents a petition or is subjected to bankruptcy proceedings in his capacity as business owner or legal representative of the company.
Your continued use of the Site (and of the service provided by the latter) constitutes your implicit acceptance of all these terms and conditions.
SLA and Customer support
Enterprise members are provided with a Service Level Agreement (SLA) and a phone customer support service in addition to chat and email support. Customer Support references (phone, email, etc.) are reported at the end of the contract.
JotUrl’s Service Level agreement (SLA) technically guarantees the following:
- regarding cloud services: we guarantee that during deployment of two or more role instances in different fault and upgrade of domains the Internet facing roles will have external connectivity at least 99.95% of the time. Additionally, we will monitor all of the existing individual role instances and guarantee that 99.9% of the time we will detect when a role instance’s process is not running and initiate corrective action within five minutes.
- regarding storage services: we guarantee that at least 99.9% of the time we will successfully process correctly formatted requests that we receive to add, update, read and delete data.
- regarding SQL database services: SQL Database will maintain a Monthly Availability of 99.9% during a billing month. Monthly Availability Percentage for a specific customer database is the ratio of the time the database was available to customer to the total time in the billing month. Time is measured in 5-minute intervals in a 30-day monthly cycle. Availability is always calculated for a full billing month. An interval is marked as unavailable if the customer’s attempts to connect to a database are rejected by the SQL Database gateway.
JotUrl is a cloud service, based on the infrastructure of Microsoft Windows Azure (one of the most advanced cloud providers in the world). This ensures that our customers will have connectivity to the Internet gateway of Microsoft. In addition, JotUrl has been validated by Microsoft Corp. to operate on the Azure Cloud platform. These features give us the opportunity to provide our Enterprise Customers one among the highest available SLA.
Additional optional services
Additional optional services such as the “MyCloud” option (which provides a guarantee of service continuity independent of JotUrl Srl), custom phone support, code customizations and/or integrations, additional second level domains etc. are dedicated to Enterprise members.
Some of these options require a dedicated contract. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information. We will return your call as soon as possible.
Where provided, the second level domains (e.g., http://myname.to) can be registered either by the Customer that JotUrl Srl (only upon request of the customer). Each of the second level domains, eventually registered in the name of the customer by JotUrl Srl, is of property of the Customer, which may at any time request JotUrl Srl to release the domain itself (for ex. for transfering the domain to third parties). The transfer request shall be made simultaneously with the termination of the JotUrl’s contract. Similarly, all URLs (links), URL groups and
the corresponding statistics are owned by the Customer, which may at any time export these data and save them locally using one of the standard interchange file formats (.xml, .csv), independently from JotUrl.
As a user of the service provided by JotUrl, you allow JotUrl to cite your brand and your own name or business name, inside websites, brochure, etc. related to JotUrl itself, in order to (and only to) promote JotUrl’ service itself. However, we understand that Enterprise companies may require some exceptions, so if you have a particular reason and don’t want your brand to be exposed on our website, just let us know and we will fulfill your requirement. This is fine.